Saturday, January 17, 2009

Why Am I Blogging?

I'm asking myself that question as I sit here right now. It's not for lack of things to do. I have a demanding job that has my out of the house for far more than 40 hours a week. Then, when I get home, I have a brief case full of even more work to do. And, in between, I try to actually enjoy some time with my wonderful wife and 2-year old son.

I've always had a passion for good food. From cooking it to eating it, I truly appreciate everything about food. And the scientist in me really enjoys the science behind food too (Alton Brown, anyone?) I'm sure part of this influence comes from my Grandma Fran. A first generation Italian-American, my Grandma Fran could always be found cooking and baking up a storm. I loved spending time at her house around the holidays, where she set out a larger than life feast in--where else--the basement. And, every chance I could get, I would get inside the kitchen with her.

As I embark on this blog, I look forward to sharing this love and, of course, a recipe or two.

Cin cin!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Cin cin to you! Don't hear that often enough in MN!

    ReplyDelete